1. Please, call Congresswoman Nancy Johnson's office - (860) 223-8412 as soon as possible if you live anywhere in CT. The time is now. We are seeking every funding source we can for this project.
Let Congresswoman Johnson know that this project needs her strong support and federal money. Tell her (or her staff person who answers the phone) how important this preservation project is for the region, CT, and the country - a major drinking water aquifer and watershed land, with a vista, bountiful wildlife, connected open space, trout stream, miles of trails. The more people she hears from, the more she will make this a priority.
2. Make sure to attend our Community meeting, Flamig Farm, this Wednesday August 2nd, 7:00PM.
This will be a very important and focused meeting as we prepare for a fall referendum. It is extremely important that everyone be there. It's now or never with our efforts to preserve this land.
3. Join our guided nature walk featuring MUSHROOMS this Saturday, August 5th 8:30 AM leaving from Town Forest Park in Simsbury. More informations and a map at:
4. Read recent major article in Simsbury Life:
5. We are still waiting for the Board of Selectman and the Board of Finance to recommend this project go to referendum. It is very important that they continue to hear from residents!!
Please write them and forward this information to others around town. Tell our town officials to send this to referendum and let us focus all of our energy on broad-based fundraising to make sure this is preserved - the character of the town, the connected trail system, the vista, and protecting our drinking water is everyone's concern.
6. Our aquifer education program will air again during August on Thursdays at 12:30 and 7:30, Channel 5. We have gotten a lot of good feedback about this show. Thank you Mary Baier, Buzz Holmes, and SCTV!