|Subject: Important end-of-the year information, meeting and update|
|From: "Masino, Susan A." |
|Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 00:51:09 -0500|
The year is winding down, but our efforts for this project are cranking up. For this project to be a success, we need everyone on this list to participate.
This email contains important information about:
1. pledges and end-of-the-year donations
2. matching gifts
3. stock donations
4. major event January 20th
5. holiday card wrap-up
6. meeting Wednesday
7. my wishes and best wishes
Full donation information available at: http://www.keepthewoods.org/donate.php
1. It is the end of the year. Donations to the
2. If you work for a company that will MATCH your donation, be sure to take advantage of this - check before you donate! A partial list of companies known to match can be found here: http://www.keepthewoods.org/match.html. If you know someone who works at one of these companies, tell them how much you care about this – perhaps they would be willing to make a donation to this project. Many people throughout the region and beyond care about this land, but they have no idea how and where to donate. Provide them the information!
3. The Trust for
4. Our major social event on January 20th is shaping up and will be fabulous. We have at least two major sponsors, and some really exciting gifts, but we need more of BOTH. If you have a gift or service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be a sponsor, please email email@example.com. If you want to make sure you are invited, or you know others who should be invited, email me all names and addresses ASAP and I will add them to the list. We are aiming to finalize the invite list by TUESDAY December 19th – send in names ASAP or leave a message at 860-760-6281 so they will be included.
5. We have gotten out all of our holiday cards – thank you for your orders! We hope to have a great response. We are not making money on selling the cards themselves – be sure to include the insert! If you ordered and did not receive them, email me right away. If you have not sent in your check yet, please send it to:
Keep the Woods
6. There will be a Community Meeting this Wednesday at
the Maple Tree in
7. I wish I had $1.5 million to close this deal. It would buy me a lot of priceless sleep and time with my family. Please, make a generous donation to this project. This is not like any other charitable donation. You are buying and protecting a permanent, beautiful and irreplaceable asset. You can touch it. You can visit it. Check out the photos here: http://www.keepthewoods.org/pictures.php
We need more significant donations to make this project a success. $2.75 million is a lot of money, but we have made it this far, surpassed many hurdles, and we have already raised more than a million. We need everyone networking and contributing, NOW to complete this transaction by March. Be an ambassador for this historic project.
Finally, best wishes for the holidays and the New Year!